Looking to work in Australia? Get your Tax File Number!

22 Jun 2016 10:12 AM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

If you intend to work during your time in Australia, you will need to obtain a Tax File Number (TFN). If you commence working prior to getting your Tax File Number, you will have 28 days to provide it to your employer.

You can apply for a TFN in person at an Australian Taxation Office (ATO) or online at: www.ato.gov.au/forms/tfn---application-for-individuals

You will need to complete an obligatory tax return when your Working Holiday finishes or when you stop working. You may be eligible for a tax refund. Visit the ATO website for information on how and when to lodge your tax return.

Ask your employer for a payment summary, showing your total income and the amount of tax withheld, so that you are able to lodge your tax return.

Visit the CACC JOB BANK: 

A free job employment search platform

The CACC Job Bank was created to better connect employers with skilled individuals on a working holiday visa. You can view jobs and post employment opportunities for FREE through the CACC Job Bank.

Canadian Australian Chamber of Commerce - Sydney Head Office
T:  +61 (02) 9053 0000
E: admin@cacc.com.au

      © Canadian Australian Chamber of Commerce

Legal & Privacy Disclaimer

Powered by Wild Apricot. Try our all-in-one platform for easy membership management